After a 10 hour flight between SFO and London, a tre hour wait at Heatrow and finally a two hour flight to Gothenburg I would say that the best traveling mate you can have is a baby.
Why? Well everybody treats you really nice and you never have to stand in any lines. It was so much easier than I ever had expected. When we arrived at my parents house Andon slept for most of the following 24 hours. He woke up for eating and twice to play for about 1 1/2 hour.
We havn´t gotten in to the Swedish rythm yet but at least we sleep most of the nighttime here. It´s hard to plan anything since I don´t know when it´s sleeptime for Andon. My parents had to wait for us for a couple of hours a couple of time. Good thing that they have a long weekend off work. On the other hand me and Andon is probably a lot off work of a diffrent type. As Sarah would say we are a case off "high maintenance".
So far we mostly hang around my parents house. We have also been to Jönköping, the closest city, on a "marketnight" and we been doing some shopping. The first thing we bought was a new carseat for Andon. It´s a Britax Secura The reason I decided to buy a carseat here instead of in US is that the swedish childrens carseats are made to be rearfacing for a long time until they are around four years. The Britax carseats are diffrent in Sweden in otherways too, one of them is that they don´t come in such a big selection of colors and patterns. The design is much more neutral and practical. A little bite boring but typical swedish.

Me and my mom spent a big part of Saturday looking for organic vegtables, unfortunaly we couldn´t find much. We will try again on Monday at an organic store otherwise I guess Andon have to eat "normal" food. I really miss Whole food, that´s the best food store I ever shopped at. To bad it´s so expensive. I which someone will start a big store with there concept here before we move back. Right now there are only small (really small) stores like this in Sweden and there selection isn´t very big.
Saturday evening we watched my parents playing boule with the neighbours. They just turned the streets playground in to a boulearea. So Andon will never dig in the sand at my childhoods playground. But there´s another one just around the corner where I played a lot as well.
To day we also visited my paternal granddad, he was happy to see us. He lives at a home for elderly. He read us some poems about spring.

To the Dad (Jonas) I want to say that I´ve been eating some really good cheese and some really good "medvurst" on some really good bread with a cup of o´boy. And tomorrow my mom will make some good food and my favorite cake. Food wise my mom´s house is really the best.
4 comments:
So glad you made it safely! I wish you a wonderful trip and cant wait to hear more...and to visit when you return to the states! Have a wonderful time!
Miss you
Amy and Kendall
Hi Linda and Andon,
Thank you for sharing you adventures with us so far. We miss you guys and look forward to hearing how you guys are doing on the blog.
Åh, är ni här redan. Funderade på när ni skulle åka häromdan. Skönt att höra att allt gick bra!
Glad to hear u guys got there safely and are having a wonderful time in Sweden.
That cheese looks yummy....i love good cheese!
Can't wait to see u guys when i get back.
Post a Comment